There are moments in our lives when we find ourselves at a crossroad, afraid, confused, without a roadmap. The choices we make in those moments can define the rest of our days. Of course when faced with the unknown, most of us prefer to turn around and go back.
Regret comes in all shapes and sizes. Some are small, like when we do a bad thing, for a good reason. Some are bigger, like when we let a friend down. Some of us escape the pains of regret by making the right choice. Some of us have little time for regret, because we're looking forward to the future. Sometimes we have to fight to come to terms with the past. And sometimes we bury our regret, by promising to change our ways. But our biggest regrets are not for the things we did; but the things we didn't do. The things we didn't say that could change the world of someone we care about.
The rest of your life is a long time and whether you know it or not it's being shaped right now. You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices or you can fight back. Things aren't always going to be fair in the real world, that's just the way it is but for the most part you get what you give. Let me ask you a question. What's worse: not getting everything you wished for or getting it but finding out it's not enough? The rest of your life is being shaped right now with the dreams you chase, the choices you make and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time and the rest of your life starts right now.
21 years of my life is gone. Ask me if I have regrets I sure as hell do. We all wish to go back in time to right the wrongs in life, don't we? Sad to say, that's not going to happen. Not in this lifetime at least.
I was looking back at old pictures and being all nostalgic thinking about past memories and was reminded of a quote someone wise once said,
You never truly treasure someone till you lose them
Now I know what that truly means and how it feels like.
I miss the times we had, and this would be one wrong I would right if I could go back in time. Maybe I don't have to go back in time, but use the time I have now to do so.
I'll give this one last shot. It's all that I have left.
No comments:
Post a Comment