Thursday, November 03, 2011

What doesn't kill, makes the heart stronger




Most people think that Love is just a feeling, but really the feeling is just the perk. Love is a choice. It doesn't come easy; you have to work for it. The feelings may not always be there, but then again, love isn't exactly a feeling, now is it?

If it's a feeling then, this love you are talking about is not going to last you through the hard times, and trust me, they do get hard.

Don't be mistaken, I am not some love guru with the best advices or practices. I have been a sucker for love and still probably am. Just play the guitar and have an angelic voice and there, you'll have me running in circles. Haha.

But honestly looking at where I am, I believe I have gone past the looks and right straight to the heart. Simply put, no longer does a person with flawless looks and the perfect figure attract me, but rather so, her character, her deeds, her heart.

If there's one thing I have realised and will be constantly realising is that Love is about giving and taking. It's more of bettering and fulfilling the other person, rather than just getting what you want, or satisfying our own selfish need of wanting to be loved, to be desired, to be cherished.

Love is awesome, but it isn't easy. It wouldn't be worth as much if it was as easy as just a feeling.

Shandai!

No comments: